Today, the most popular way people prefer to make contact with organisations is online as customers embrace new digital channels. We needed to modernize our digital presence to take the conversation to the channels where those conversations are taking place.
Utilising an Agile approach allowed us to build capability and adapt to a changing environment. We were able to deliver greater efficiency and cost effectiveness through modernization of our systems and processes as well as increasing site useability and responsiveness to consumer needs.
- Adoption of Scrum allowed us iteratively build features based on weekly sprint cycles and ensured team collaboration and communication between product owner, designers and developers of the website
- Kanban was used to manage the backlog of work packages and help focus the team on the priorities for the current sprint and allowed the team to remain flexible and responsive to the changing environment and stakeholder needs when changes were required mid sprint
- Agile is an approach to build capability and the flexibility to adapt work processes to changing conditions through application of Lean and Agile
- User-centered tools and techniques to improve collaboration, transparency and encouraged buy-in from stakeholders within and across streams
- Using a multidisciplinary approach (Agile, Lean, Kanban and User Centered Design) was key to successful delivery of sprint planning and implementation